Recruit the father of Arvedui and the 14th King of Arthedain to fight for Arnor. He uses his charisma and leadership to help troops fight against the forces that wish to extinguish Arnor and arms them with the weapons of Fornost. He will seek to protect his realm at all costs.
Level 1: Leadership Palantír - Changes to the Leadership Palantír. This allows you to select a map-wide leadership to buff different types of troops. Only one of the following buffs can be active at a time. Left click on the icon to activate.
- Leadership: Swordsmen - Araphant leads the soldiers of Arnor into battle. On the whole map, all allied swordsmen deal +10% damage. Left click on the icon to activate.
- Leadership: Spearmen - Araphant leads the spearmen of Arnor into battle. On the whole map, all allied spearmen deal +10% damage. Left click on the icon to activate.
- Leadership: Archers - Araphant leads the archers of Arnor into battle. On the whole map, all allied archers deal +10% damage. Left click on the icon to activate.
- Leadership: Cavalry - Araphant leads the cavalry of Arnor into battle. On the whole map, all allied cavalry deal +10% damage. Left click on the icon to activate.
Level 5: Blessing of the Royal Family - Units in the target area receive honor from the Crown of Arnor, and fight with more enthusiasm and commitment in battle. Targeted units permanently gain resistance to fear, knockback and gain +25% more experience. Left click on the icon then left click on the target area.
Level 7: Armories of Fornost - Araphant equips a battalion of Arnor with Heavy Armor and Forged Blades. Any battalion can be targeted but only those intended to receive these upgrades will get them. Left click on the icon then left click on the target unit.
Defensive Strategy - Araphant orders a pair of Palantír Guards to guard the target structure. Does not work on the Rivendell Stronghold, the Lindon Watchtower, or the Outpost Citadel. Additionally, it doesn't work on the summoned Lone Tower Left click on the icon then left click on the target area.
|This hero has no upgrades. This means that this hero can not gain any sort of permanent boost from upgrades found in either its palantir or from other units/heroes. If this is not the case, fill in the section following the format of other pages.|
Araphant is almost entirely a unit support hero, having no abilities to enhance his own damage or armor. As such, his best place will be surrounded by the units of Arnor. His Leadership Palantír can be used to boost the damage of whatever type of unit needs it the most at the moment. His Blessing of the Royal Family and Armories of Fornost are ideal for making the most of your troops (and cut the costs of having to buy upgrades). Though Araphant is not an offensive hero, he is still worth having to bolster your units and protect settlements or other important buildings with his level 10 ability.
- Araphant's quote set comes from Dirhael (Andrew McDonald), grandfather of Aragorn II Elessar in the movie Born of Hope (2009).
- Araphant's Swordsmen and Spearmen leaderships also have a special inclusion that allows them to affect Palantir Guards of Amon Sul.