|Admins||Semi-Admins||Standards Council||Rollback Users||Forum Mods||Chat Mods||Bots|
Administrators are experienced members of the Edain Mod Wiki community who have been entrusted with access to restricted technical features ("tools") which help with maintenance. They are a small set of editors the wiki considers to be highly trustworthy, mature and responsible, able to lead by example.
Those seeking help will often turn to an administrator for advice and information. In community discussion and interaction, administrators may help provide a thoughtful voice in some kinds of consensus, and can also be helpful as discussion moderators. However, administrators words and votes do not carry more weight in any form of discussions on the site.
The_Necromancer0 (Message Wall)
Since: 6 January 2016
Gandalf7000 (Message Wall)
Since: 16 April 2016
OakenShield224 (Message Wall)
Since: 29 August 2016
Julio229 (Message Wall)
Since: 11 January 2018
Trondheim9 (Message Wall)
Since: 11 January 2018
Administrator's Additional Abilities
- Delete pages, page histories, files, etc.
- Rename files (these are mainly images and videos).
- Lock/unlock a page so it cannot be edited and/or renamed by users without administrator rights.
- Block/unblock a registered user or an IP address from editing.
- Revert bad edits more easily using a "rollback" link.
- Edit the MediaWiki namespace to make changes to the interface.
- Grant/remove users Chat Moderator and/or Reporter rights.
Becoming an administrator
For you to become an administrator, someone with bureaucrat access must make you one. If you wish, you may apply for admin right on the Forum and a bureaucrat will look into your case
What can administrators not do?
Administrators should not use their administrator powers to settle editing disputes; for example, to lock a page on a version he or she prefers in an editing dispute that isn't vandalism. Administrator powers should be used to help keep the wiki clear of vandalism, spam, and users who make malicious edits, but not for simple disagreements between users acting in good faith. Ideally an admin shouldn't be considered "in charge". The ideal admin is just someone who is trusted to have a few extra buttons and to use them for the benefit of the Wikia community.
Bureaucrat's Additional Abilities
- Grant/remove users Administrator, Rollback, Standards Councillor and/or Forum Moderator rights. They can grant other users Bureaucrat rights as well, but can only remove their own Bureaucrat rights.
Becoming a Bureaucrat
To become an bureaucrat, you must be an administrator, with few exceptions. There are cases where an administrator is doing an amazing job with editing, is trusted by the community, and is stopping vandalism where they will be most likely nominated. There are many cases where two people both deserve the rights and the community will vote for who they want as the new bureaucrat over two administrators.